About The Course
The ILX PMP e-learning is based on the PMBOK® Guide. Students view and review e-learning sessions, complete a range of interactive exercises in each session and test themselves with a range of multiple choice format questions. These questions are based on typical questions in the PMP examination.
The course is highly interactive and engaging, containing animation and narration throughout. Built using ILX’s proven development approach, the course breaks down the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) Fifth Edition into easily digested sessions, which align with each of the PMBOK® Guide knowledge areas.
Each session contains lots of real life examples helping learners to apply the theory. The course includes a wealth of interaction including, exercises and puzzles to help develop practical application and assist with knowledge retention. Learners are introduced to ILX’s virtual classmates; a group of animated characters who help explore some of the PMBOK® Guide more complex concepts. Each session also includes numerous multiple choice questions to test the users understanding.
This is not simply an exam crammer, but provides a comprehensive insight into the world of projects and project management. After completing this course, learners will have a much greater understanding and will be well prepared to sit the PMP® examination however it is important to remember especially with PMP that the training course alone will not be enough to get you through the exam. You are expected to have a certain level of knowledge and experience which is reflected in the exam pre-requisites.
The course consists of 27 separate sessions, totalling some 400 plus pages of content. The actual study time is approximately 35 hours – 40 hours.
- 1A – Course introduction
- 1B – Projects and project management
- 1C – Program management
- 1D – Portfolio management
- 1E – Project management office
- 2A – Project life cycles
- 2B – Project stakeholders and governance
- 2C – Organizational Governance
- 3A – Project management processes
- 4A – Project integration management
- 5A – Scope and requirements management
- 5B – Scope management
- 6A – Time management
- 6B – Estimating
- 7A – Plan cost management
- 7B – Control costs
- 8A – Project quality management
- 9A – Project human resource management
- 9B – Teamwork
- 9C – Leadership
- 9D – Conflict management
- 9E – Human resource management summary
- 10A – Plan communications management
- 10B – Information management and reporting
- 11A – Project risk management
- 12A – Project procurement management
- 13A – Project stakeholder management
- Course quiz
- Exam simulator
The PMP® certification recognizes demonstrated competence in leading and directing project teams. If you’re an experienced project manager looking to solidify your skills, stand out to employers and maximize your earning potential, the PMP® credential is the right choice for you.
If you wish to take the PMP® examination, the Project Management Institute does require that you either hold:
- A four-year degree (bachelors or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
You have to apply to the Project Management Institute before you can sit the exam. There’s a strict protocol as they have to authenticate that the above criteria has been met prior to exam attendance.
What’s Not Included
This course does not include the cost of an exam voucher.